LIFE WITH LYNN


Sharing and enjoying my small-town life with my darling husband, family, friends,
faith, two adorable Ragdoll cats and one very sassy Yorkie!


Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Feelin' (and sharin'!) the DROPBOX looove!














Yes, it's true -- I am a bit of a gadget girl, a techie junkie.   I love my Mac, my iPad and my iPhone .  I love apps of all sorts and sizes.  And I LOVE Dropbox!!!

If you are already a Dropbox user, then you know how great this li'l free app is -- and you can probably skip this post.

But if you are not YET a Dropbox user, oooooor if you joined but never downloaded it to your computer or device yet, then stay with me, babeeee, I'm gonna convince you why you neeeeeeeeeeeed this!



Basically, Dropbox is free, safe, cloud storage (a hard drive in the sky, baby!)  And that's good.  But what's even better is that whatever you put in your Dropbox will sync across ALL your devices (in record, warp, speed cyber time!)  That means your PC or Mac, your phone, and your tablet or iPad.

So, in practice, what does this all mean?  It can mean lots of (good!) things.

Example #1:  You are cruising the web on your computer and find a recipe you want to try.  You save it to Dropbox.  When you get to the grocery store, the recipe is waiting for you on your phone.

Example #2:  You are working on a document on your work PC; you save it to Dropbox before you head home.  Later that night, on your home computer, you open up the document from Dropbox and pick up where you left off.

Example #3:  You keep all your important pictures and documents in Dropbox, and if your computer ever crashes, that stuff is safe! safe! safe!  (I still have an external hard drive back-up, but several of my friends don't -- they only use Dropbox.  But I'm a super-duper-safety kind of a girl!)

There's also an optional "share" feature in Dropbox, that allows you to select certain folders that other Dropbox users can also see.

Dropbox is awesome because it works on both Mac and PC, iOs devices (like iPads, iPhones, iPods), as well as Android devices!

Dropbox is free, and there are no catches or fine print.  When you first open a Dropbox account, you are given 2GB of free storage.  You can "earn" more storage in several ways; but one easy way to earn more storage is to refer friends.  And that's a two-way benefit, because the referrer AND the referree BOTH get extra space!

Yes, as my lovely niece, The Daring Librarian pointed out in her blog post last year singing of Dropbox praises, it's kinda like a pyramid scheme of free, fun goodness!!!

So, if you think Dropbox is something you'd like to try, then sign up using this referral link:
DROPBOX FREE EXTRA SPACE!    (NOTE that this link does not expire, so even if you are reading this months -- or more-- after the date of this post, you can still use it to gain more initial Dropbox sign-up space!)

Once you register -- and have downloaded and installed Dropbox on at least your computer -- YOU will get the extra bonus space, and I will, too.

Please feel free to share your Dropbox stories and tips, too... comments always welcome!







No comments:

Post a Comment