LIFE WITH LYNN


Sharing and enjoying my small-town life with my darling husband, family, friends,
faith, two adorable Ragdoll cats and one very sassy Yorkie!


Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Day # 7 (A Favorite Photo)

(NOTE:  This is Day # 7 of my 30-day "Blog Challenge"... 
see post of August 31 for details!)

A FAVORITE PHOTO...


















There is such a cute story behind this picture.

Our daughter, Kendra, was 2, and in "in training" (potty training, that is!)    She has always had a bladder that we tease her must only be the size of a thimble, so during potty training, it was not unusual for her to wake up 3 or 4 times a night and call out to us, "Mooooooooommy!  Daaaaaaaaaaaaaddy!  I gotza go POTTY!" 

She wouldn't go alone (monsters, you know), so we would take turns getting up with her and accompanying her to the bathroom.  This one particular 2 a.m. was my husband's turn.  He got out of bed, sleepily calling to her, "Coming!" while I proceeded to roll over and go back to sleep.  I woke up about an hour later and noticed that he wasn't back in bed yet.  The clock now said 3 a.m.  I was perplexed and wondered what happened to him.  So I got up and stumbled to the bathroom, and this is what I saw!  I said to my sleeping daughter's still-patiently-waiting daddy, "Um, do you know she is asleep?!"  His groggy answer, "No, really?"   Yes --  really!!!

And do you believe that the camera was right there on the hamper, and I even had enough wherewithal (in my sleepy haze) to actually snap a picture --  and I am so glad I did, because I just LOVE this picture and the sweet memory behind it.

No comments:

Post a Comment