LIFE WITH LYNN


Sharing and enjoying my small-town life with my darling husband, family, friends,
faith, two adorable Ragdoll cats and one very sassy Yorkie!


Thursday, September 2, 2010

Day # 2 (A Favorite Movie)



















I told you that you might be surprised!  But wait...don't run away!  Please let me 'splain!!!    ;o)

I like movies and probably watch a fair amount of them, but I am admittedly NOT a true movie connoisseur or critic!  But I do enjoy movies of all genres, and there's a time and place (IMHO) for drama, adventure, action, suspense, romance, and comedies.  But since (for me, anyway), watching a movie is all about relaxing and kicking back, I do stay away from heavy-duty films and I never watch movies featuring horror, war, violence, or torture. 

So in thinking about this post and my "favorite movie", I thought of the MANY movies I have watched and enjoyed.  Some were absolutely top notch, thought-provoking, award winning films featuring superb plot lines and excellent acting along with breathtaking scenic views and amazing cinematography... and I thought, "Eh.... yeah, there was that..."

Buuuuuuut... if I am reeeeeally honest, I have to admit that one of my favorite movies of all time is the profoundly *stooooopid* but hilariously funny comedy from 1994, "Dumb and Dumber"  featuring Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels as two down-and-outers on the adventure of a lifetime.  It is pure mindless entertainment at its finest, and it simply CRACKS. ME. UP.
 
So there you have it.  My dirty little secret!  Shhhh, don't tell anyone, OK?!

And if you have never seen Dumb and Dumber, here's a link to a famous scene:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LtK_JERQMI


**************************************************************************
(PS If you have NO idea what is going on here  ;-)   I am doing a 30-day blog challenge.  Please see post of August 31 for details!) 
**************************************************************************

Coming up tomorrow... favorite TV show!

1 comment: