LIFE WITH LYNN


Sharing and enjoying my small-town life with my darling husband, family, friends,
faith, two adorable Ragdoll cats and one very sassy Yorkie!


Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Day # 1 (A Favorite Song)


















OK... here we go!    Today is Day # 1 of my 30-day Blog Challenge... "A favorite song".

(By the way, if you missed the story of the "30 Day Blog Challenge", please see the post from August 31!)

A  favorite song, huh?  Well, that's pretty easy, really.  Now don't get me wrong, I have LOTS of favorite songs... fun, catchy songs from when I was a child (that I belted out endlessly from the backseat of the car), songs about life and love and angst from when I was a teenager... and of course, songs from adulthood that I can relate to, or that make me smile, or remind me of people that I've loved, or places that I've been. 

But my all-time favorite song probably has to be "Remember When" by Alan Jackson.  Like all songs that really "speak to you", this song could have been written for my husband and me.  It really is the story of our lives together.  Our children hosted a surprise anniversary party for us a few years back and someone who's very gifted and special to us (Jerod), sang this song for us that night.   I will never forget it.  

So whenever I hear this beautiful song, I always think of my husband, our children, our past and our future... and I smile.

(You can watch the video and hear the song HERE.)

*********************************************************************************
Coming up tomorrow:  "Favorite movie".  You may be surprised!!!     ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment