LIFE WITH LYNN


Sharing and enjoying my small-town life with my darling husband, family, friends,
faith, two adorable Ragdoll cats and one very sassy Yorkie!


Monday, July 26, 2010

"Little Things"



Trying to stay sane (in this busy, crazy world!) is not always easy.

I try hard to keep perspective... maintain balance... and not "sweat the small stuff". Our lives are not a competition - or a destination- and one of the secrets to happiness is, in my opinion, learning to celebrate the small things in life.

With that in mind, I'd like to share one of my favorite writings. Originally an ad from United Technologies Corporation, and I've always loved it. Enjoy!

LITTLE THINGS
Most of us
miss out
on life’s big prizes.
The Pulitzer.
The Nobel.
Oscars.
Tonys.
Emmys.
Grammys.
But we’re
all eligible
for life’s small pleasures.
A pat
on the back.
A kiss
on the cheek.
A four pound bass.
A hole in one.
A full moon.
An empty parking space.
A crackling fire.
A great meal.
A glorious sunset.
Hot soup.
Cold lemonade.
A smile from a friend.
Don’t fret
about
copping life’s
grand awards.
Enjoy its
tiny delights.
There are plenty
for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment