LIFE WITH LYNN


Sharing and enjoying my small-town life with my darling husband, family, friends,
faith, two adorable Ragdoll cats and one very sassy Yorkie!


Wednesday, March 3, 2010

WELCOME HOME, BENTLEY!



Yes, yes, I've been holding out on you guys - please forgive me! ;o)

My "Las Vegas" and "Hoover Dam" posts and pictures will just have to wait... there's some BIG NEWS here!

It is with much happiness and delight that I would like to introduce you to the newest member of our family, little Bentley Edmund Spencer:


Bentley (aka "Squeak"!) is a 13 week old blue mitted lynx Ragdoll kitten. A southern-born little gentleman, he comes to us all the way from Raleigh, NC.

OK, so here's the whole story!

It has been said that Ragdolls are like potato chips, you can hardly have just one. Well, we have been thinking/talking about getting a new little brother or sister (although I am a total sucker for little boys!) for Boo for quite awhile... and the time finally seemed just right to start looking in earnest. Although health and personality will always be our primary considerations, of course, I had taken quite a fancy to the Ragdoll color/pattern called blue lynx mitted. (Boo is a seal bi-color. For a look at all the various colors/patterns available, please look here... and here!) So, with the decision finally made to add a new kitty to our family, I made it my mission to try to find a blue lynx mitted kitten from a very responsible, very reputable breeder. (A good article on that subject is here.)

My inquiries and research finally led me to Gail Stone of Megailee Ragdolls. From e-mails and phone calls, I liked Gail immediately, and felt very comfortable that she was just who I had been looking for. AND, she had a new litter of 5, and in it were... two little blue lynx mitted boys! AND we had made plans to visit dear friends of ours in North Carolina (of all places!), right about the time the babies would be ready to go (age 12 weeks). It all seemed too good to be true.

Gail provided me with updates and pictures of Bentley through the weeks. (The waiting was TORTURE, by the way; in fact it darn near killed me! haha! ALL that got me through were those updates and pictures from Gail, plus sharing my adventure and excitement with my buddies at Ragdoll Central!)

Here are a few of the pictures Gail sent.

1 week old newborns with their sweet mama (Ragdolls are born all white, and their color[s] develop slowly over a 3-4 year time span; yes, that's YEARS!):

Bentley at age 3.5 weeks old:


At age 5 weeks:
Age 6 weeks:


Age 7 weeks:


Age 9 weeks (and getting cuter by the MINUTE!)


Age 11 weeks:

Here are two photos taken with his adorable "twin brother", the other blue lynx mitted boy. Bentley is the one on the right in each picture:




This is his VERY handsome daddy, Maxwell. (Also a blue lynx mitted; so Bentley should look a lot like this when he is all grown up!)


This is his very beautiful mama, Ceraphina:

Our plans were to swing by Raleigh on our way home from our friends' house, meet Gail, and bring Baby home. It would be a 10-hour drive, and I'm not gonna lie to you, I was a little worried about that! Can you imagine what that would be like with a crying, carsick, upset little kitty? Well, he was neither crying, NOR carsick, NOR upset, and those 10 hours in the car were some of the best 10 hours of my life! He was such a little angel! Really! We started the trip with him in his carrier, but within minutes, he started to cry, this small, pitiful little squeak of a meow, so I took him out and held him. And thus began 10 hours of Heaven! He curled right up in my lap, started to purr, and never moved off my lap for 10 long hours! What a cuddle-bug! He streeeeeetched, he flopped, he looked out the window, he napped, he snugggled some more. It was simply wonderful!

Here's a picture from the car trip, me and my beautiful new baby!


So now we are home and settling in... and this baby is simply amazing. I told Gail it's like he has been sprinkled with pixie dust! He's HILARIOUS, so silly, so playful and SO active (think perpetual motion!), but yet he's also a little lap snuggler and a major purr-box! Boo isn't quite sure WHAT to think, yet, but I have a feeling they will soon be BESTEST BUDDIES!

Here are some pictures of Bentley taken yesterday and today:










And just because they are too cute not to share, here's a few "LOL cat" pictures that my darling niece made from two of Bentley's baby pictures!




And because no post made by me on Ragdolls would be complete without a few recent pictures of Bentley's wonderful big brother, Boo:



And me? I'm the happiest girl on the planet to share my heart and home with these two amazing, wonderful animals!
*happy sigh!*

UPDATE: March 4, 2010

Boo and Bentley are doing GREAT! I couldn't be more pleased!
Here, see for yourself! :o)



8 comments:

  1. Bentley, you are one good-looking kitty. Those blue eyes are to die for! I rhink you will be very good FOR Lynn, so just be good TO Lynn. She will never let you down!
    Welcome to the family,
    Love, "Auntie" Sissy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog, and those raggies, Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog, I see that you are creative! You know how I love your Raggie babies, so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos!
    Love the kittens.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree 100%. We got our blue mitted girl, Babydoll from Megailee almost a year ago. She is adorable just like Bentley. I have just sent a deposit to add another one of Gail's Ragdolls to the family. Your photos are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just saw this on Gail's website. Pix are fabulous! Gail continues to breed incredible Raggies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know this is an old post, but I'm really curious about what you did to get the kitten to settle in and get acquainted with his big brother? Did everything go smooth? Were the any issues along the way? I'm planning to add a ragdoll to my family so would be really curious about your experiences. Lovely blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marja, so nice to hear from you! Congratulations on your new furbaby!

    Yes, I did A LOT "behind the scenes" work to make his transition home (and with Boo) easy and seamless... and it was!

    Before he came home, I sent a blanket to the breeder and asked her to put it with Bentley and his mama and litter mates to get their "scent" on it. In turn she sent me a blanket with Bentley's scent for Boo to get used to. I also sent her some money to buy some toys and scratching posts that he could use while he was there AND then bring home with us. And once we got him home, we kept him and Boo separated for a few days, but they could play pawsies under the door. By the time we let them be together, they were READY! And became best friends FAST.

    I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions! And I'd love to hear about your homecoming and see photos, too!

    ReplyDelete