LIFE WITH LYNN


Sharing and enjoying my small-town life with my darling husband, family, friends,
faith, two adorable Ragdoll cats and one very sassy Yorkie!


Sunday, August 9, 2009

A Sweet Surprise!



I came home from work last Friday to a surprise!

Carefully placed between my two back doors was a lovely bouquet of flowers! But peculiarly enough, there was no card!
"Who gave these to me?" I wondered, as I happily arranged them in a vase of water.

Well, obviously it was someone who doesn't have a key to our house... so that ruled out the "usual suspects", such as husband and children! My mind started to speculate.

Hmmm... I'll bet it was my sweet "honorary" son, who had said the nicest thing to me just a few days ago. Or perhaps it was his lovely wife who I have been helping with a quilt? Or maybe it was my nephew and his wife, who had spent a few days with us recently? Or maybe my mother wanted me to know that she appreciates and enjoys the manicures/pedicures that I give her? OH! I know, I'll bet it was my sister, who I sat with recently while she was having a minor procedure done.

It was very fun, and surprisingly reaffirming to look back over the last few days or weeks and think of people I care about who may have been moved or appreciative of something I had perhaps said or done. The list became a little longer. I was reminded of the wonderful friends and family in my life, and of the thoughtful give-and-take that is such a blessing.

So one by one, I asked them... and each time as I was ready to thank and hug them, I got the same answer, "It wasn't me! I wish it was, but it wasn't!"

So who gave me the flowers?!

I still don't know. But everytime I look at them, I smile... and I thank this person in my heart.

This thoughtful person didn't just give me an anonymous bouquet of flowers. This person gave me the gift of looking back on and remembering many wonderful recent memories. I feel proud and happy that I had so many "possibilities" of who the giver may have been.

I will not forget this. And sometime, when I want to make someone's day a little brighter (as well as give them some wonderfully unique reflecting time!), I think I will sneak a bouquet of flowers anonymously between their doors!

1 comment:

  1. Awww! i wish i could say "twas i, dearest of aunties" but nahhh my flowers come with a delivery man and always a card.
    but i am SO happy that someone up there where you are hours away loves you as much as i!
    because you do daily countless thoughtful things for so many up there...sometimes you don't get thanked (it happens)....but now...you have been!
    that's just awesome sweetie!
    LUM2P & MUVM!
    ~Gwynnie

    ReplyDelete